The development of this course is currently in progress. Some lessons and modules are incomplete.
Subscribe to be notified when the content is complete
The Software Engineering Crash Course
A fast-paced course covering a range of topics required for building real websites and applications.
Anyone can build real websites and applications
Ever wonder "What next?" while learning to code? Theres a TON of free information out there. It's hard to know where to start. If you've learned a skill, it's hard to know how to apply it.
Don't just learn. Build.
All of the software and tools used in this course are completely free or take advantage of some free tier. The course content will always be free.
Build and deploy a website
You'll have a real working website with a URL you can share.
Build first, read later
Technical explanations can be hard to internalize. Gain the experience of building something first to see how it works.
Don't write throwaway code
All courses and modules build real world projects. Use them to build out a portfolio. Extend them, repurpose them, make them yours.
The course I wish I had
Traditional curriculums are bloated
I had to get a degree in Software Engineering, have internships, and work full-time to learn what I know about software development. It took about three years before I understood web development. It took about three more before I could build my own complete projects.
Make your time count
Learn the most important concepts first. Fill in the gaps as you go. Working on real projects is the most valuable experience you can get.
Ready to dive in?
Start the first lesson now.
- Module 1: Launch a Website
- Build a Web PageA light introduction by creating a simple web page
- Deploy a WebsiteDeploy your webpage to the internet
- What's Happening so FarReview what's going on with everything you've set up so far
- Give Your Site Meaning Using Semantic HTMLMake your site look more like a web site by adding more content
- Make your site look nice using CSSBegin styling your website
- Publish multiple pages and link themBuild out your site with multiple web pages
- More ways to styleGet a little deeper into CSS and style some more things
- Complete this moduleReview everything we've covered so far